I decided to move the Sketchbook Project to its own page – click on the tab at the top of this page and you should be able to see all the pages so far, and more importantly, in the right order. It was bothering me that posting in the conventional way meant that the pages were appearing in reverse order, and you had to read from the bottom of the page up.
I’ve made a small start on making some fabric pages based on the Sketchbook Project theme – pictures soon.
I spent a large proportion of the week ironing after a mammoth dye session:
All dyed with Procion, in the spirit of using what I had. I’m pleased with the muted shades, achieved by diluting the colour and reducing the dye time. I also discovered that you can dye cotton tapestry canvas – the ‘Penelope’ type (the double-holed variety) takes dye quite well, shrinks quite a lot and comes out very soft, like fabric.