Counting stitches

I’ve posted some more Sketchbook Project pages here.  Some of the pages have diluted acrylic ink as the background, and I found that I had some left over, so I tried it on a bit of canvas:

I don’t know how colour/water proof it is, but since it is unlikely to be washed again, I figured it didn’t really matter.  I ironed it, so that may have set the colour a little.  I know that acrylic paints are permanent on fabrics, so I assume that acrylic inks will be too.  I’m not a huge fan of counted stitch, but I’m just trying out a few little stitches on this fragment, which I think will become part of a larger cloth, again using a little piece of the old silk lace.

I’m using space-dyed threads, and threads which are slightly finer than the holes so that the canvas shows through the stitches.  I might even add some beads to this one.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in sketchbook project and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Counting stitches

  1. Deborah says:

    I love the color of the canvas!

  2. Jensters says:

    Great stitching here.

  3. Judy Martin says:

    A very interesting project.I hope that your shoulder is OK now.

Comments are closed.